Friday, December 14, 2007

whose kingdom am i building?

i’m so sick of my self-righteousness, so sick of how my life so easily becomes all about me. so much of my life is taken up in “building my own kingdom”; so many things that i do have more to do with my own pride than my desire to build God’s kingdom here on earth.

Jesus teaches that in seeking God’s priorities, i can be free from this burden that i place upon myself—matthew 6:25-33 talks about this. verse 33 says, “but seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you…”

i want all my activities and standards that i place upon myself and others to be centered on the advancement of God’s kingdom and not my own. he’s already promised to supply all of my needs.

also check out matthew 13:44-46 and john 6:27: “do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. for on him God the Father has set his seal.”

i want to be praying, “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done..” and mean it.

No comments: